Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nice Nice Baby? Hardly.

Harem pants. Harem Pants. I just don’t know where to begin with them, or what exactly to say. I am at a complete loss of words when it comes to these bizarre-looking pants, and even more so as to why these… things… became popular again. There is absolutely NOTHING flattering about these pants, and unless you need to fit a diaper under them or want to smuggle something in your pants, there is absolutely NO REASON why you should even be considering these TERRIBLE pants. Why would anyone want a pair of pants that is baggy and saggy in every area except for the ankles? If you want Baggy&Saggy, you might as well put on a pair of Mom jeans, they do the same thing. Harem pants will make you look not only like a stupid clown (and really, these pants SHOULD belong in the circus not only because you’ll look like a clown in them, but also because they’re just so laughable as fashion trends) or a horse. You know those Disney horses with the huge ass and tiny ankles? Just LOOK at the resemblance! Besides the shape of the pants themselves, think of how unwearable they are – like, what shoes would you wear with them? Ballet flats? Boots? I have no idea. I guess the only good thing about these pants is that you can reuse them for your Halloween costume as Aladdin or MC Hammer when you realize these pants are a HUGE FAIL.

I guess MC Hammer did have something right when he wrote that song “U Can’t Touch This”… I’m not sure if he was speaking directly about the pants made famous in this song, but yeah, he’s right – YOU SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHING THOSE PANTS! Luckily, I have yet to see anyone wearing these pants on the street, and up until today I hadn’t seen them in any stores (found them at H&M and Dynamite… *shudders*) I’m kind of hoping I do see some random wannabe fashionista wearing them so I can have a good laugh. HAHAHAHAHAHA … fugly excuses of pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment